Let the Southern California CityPASS Ticket Transport You to the Disneyland Resort's Newest Attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
(NewMediaWire) - January 28, 2020 - Anaheim, CA - Steady your nerves and summon your resolve as you find yourself in the middle of blasts, rumbles, and the thrill of a climactic Star Wars™ battle. This is Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which opened earlier this month at the Disneyland® Resort in California. With multiple ride systems and an incredible drop from space, the new attraction is one of the most advanced and immersive Disney Parks experiences ever.
One of the best ways to access that galaxy far, far away is with a Southern California CityPASS®. The Southern California CityPASS program allows travelers to create their ideal vacation by fashioning a discounted, tailor-made ticket package to a combination of Southern California’s most popular theme parks, including:
- The Disneyland® Resort (Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park), where Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge—a captivating new land featuring entertainment and rides, like the interactive Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, inspired by the Star Wars™ movie franchise—opened in summer 2019.
- Universal Studios Hollywood™, where the magic of movies comes to life in such epic attractions as “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” the recently unveiled “Jurassic World—The Ride,” and the world-renowned Studio Tour.
- SeaWorld® San Diego, where thrill seekers and animal lovers will be dazzled by tours, shows and rides, including Tidal Twister, the world’s first-of-its-kind horizontal, dueling roller coaster.
- LEGOLAND® California Resort, designed for kids ages 2-12, features more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Its newest ride, LEGO® City: Deep Sea Adventure, plunges guests into an underwater submarine odyssey.
- San Diego Zoo® or Safari Park: Choose the San Diego Zoo and get unlimited use of the Guided Bus Tour and Skyfari® Aerial Tram OR pick the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, featuring unlimited rides on the Africa Tram, plus all shows.
Designed by CityPASS, the company that has specialized in bundling discounted admission to the most iconic attractions in North America for more than 20 years, the Southern California CityPASS is an attractive option for budget-savvy families planning theme park getaways to the Golden State. Evolving technology allows CityPASS to continue to offer Southern California buyers the most customizable travel experience possible.
Upon visiting the Southern California page of the CityPASS website, travelers select the parks and tickets they want to include. Their tailor-made, direct-to-the-turnstile tickets are then delivered via email and can be saved to a mobile device or printed out for added convenience.
Those who bundle Disneyland® Resort admission into their Southern California CityPASS ticket will definitely want to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The ride begins with Resistance recruits (aka park guests) boarding a transport that is suddenly captured by the First Order. During their efforts to escape, guests will find themselves ducking blaster fire from surrounding stormtroopers, evading lasers from towering AT-AT walkers, and feeling an unmistakable presence in the air as a sudden red glow cuts the darkness and the crackle of a lightsaber announces the ominous arrival of Kylo Ren himself.
As needed, a virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance may be implemented to deliver the best possible guest experience. The virtual queue will allow guests to enjoy the rest of the park while waiting for their turn to ride. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge—Status and Access,” available from its main page. To learn more about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and the virtual queue experience, visit Disneyland.com/starwars.
Southern California CityPASS prices and savings vary, depending on the number of parks and types of tickets chosen. For more information, visit citypass.com/southern-california.
About CityPASS: For more than 20 years, CityPASS tickets have been premier products for travelers who want to visit a destination’s top attractions while enjoying significant savings. CityPASS tickets, which have a 97% customer recommendation rating, are currently available in 14 North American destinations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Southern California, Tampa Bay and Toronto. To date, more than 22 million CityPASS tickets have been sold to savvy travelers. For more information, visit CityPASS.com.
Prices and program subject to change. CityPASS® and City Pass® are registered trademarks of City Pass, Inc., and the exclusive property of City Pass, Inc.
Deborah Wakefield, APR
Vice President, Media Relations